Sunday, November 27, 2011

Card Shortcuts with Adhesive Borders

Thought I'd share a little shortcut I've discovered which can save a lot of time when you're creating numerous cards (such as your Christmas cards)... I LOVE K&Co's adhesive borders... their Christmas pack is especially beautiful... They are 12" long so they work for scrapbooking (which I don't do.... yet)... so you can cut them into three parts to use on cards... I covered the bottom portion of a top note with a strip and then trimmed the border so it was even with the edges .... It's hard to see, but I also used one of my Fiskars corner/embossing punches on the two bottom corners of the base card...I was really pleased with how this one came out...




This is a new baby card I did with one of the K&Co floral borders... the embossing folder I used is really cool... it has a polk dot section at the top, then embossed horizontal lines which set off a blank/smooth area, and a deeper dotted section on the bottom that also has embossed packages, bootie and bottle... I first laid down just a simple strip of white cardstock which I border punched on each side, then topped off with a section of a flowered K&Co adhesive strip... pretty quick and easy, huh?


I'll show you a few more cards done with the adhesive strips in the next few days so please check back... I hope you've had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend!
Blessings!
~Kathy

No comments: