Tuesday, October 19, 2010

They're coming! They're coming! The VEGGIE TALES are COMING!!!

I can't begin to tell you how excited and honored I am to be designing projects for Dies Direct's new line of Veggie Tales dies for papercrafting! My first couple of projects star Larry (the cucumber) and Bob (the tomato) - just in case you're not familiar with Veggie Tales... you can read about them here on Wikipedia.

As a mother and grandmother, I've been a Veggie Tales fan for many years. I am a HUGE fan of their Silly Songs CD... the Cheesburger song being my all-time favorite. My older daughter Claudia (39) can do an awesome imitation of the French Peas... our family loves the good, clean humor (and subtle lessons) that the Veggie Tales provide for our kids and grandkids. If you're not a Veggie Tales fan, you should be... and if you think you can't enjoy that kind of silly humor... you need to lighten up and tray harder!

The first one pictured here is a stand-alone pop-up type card that can serve as a Thanksgiving Day table decoration. It has a short, 4-line blessing on it. There’s a link to the tutorial on the SplitCoast website to construct this particular style of card…. free-standing, pop-up card tutorial. There’s even a video at the end of it that you can watch before you try it yourself… And for additional inspiration, you can also check out the photo gallery of cards made by others here.

The blessing on this card was found on the very useful quotegarden.com website… it reads: “Gather round the table, thank the Lord above, for food, friends and family, and for this feast of love.”

My second Veggie Tale™ creation is a birthday card…the design/construction is one I had been wanting to try for a while but it wasn’t until my grandson received one from a fellow cardmaker while in the hospital for his appendectomy… that I finally tried making one!

It was much easier than I thought it would be. I found the tutorial for it here on Splitcoast (it’s called a tri-shutter card), printed out the instructions, and went to town… I think it came out rather well… One of the Veggie Tale™ silly songs is sung by Larry – “Oh Where is My Hairbrush” so I printed out a sentiment from my computer that read: “I was hoping for a new hairbrush for my birthday, how ‘bout you?”… May be a bit corny, but I thought it was funny. I’ve made several more tri-shutters since this first one… one of the nicest things about them is that they are free-standing so I feel they are perhaps enjoyed a little bit longer than the “average” card. If you’d like to see some others for inspiration, check out the gallery on Splitcoast here… tri-shutter gallery.

I hope these get your creative juices flowing with ideas for using the new Veggie Tales dies from Dies Direct.

I'll have some more ideas for you tomorrow!

Blessings,

~Kathy

My personal blog: http://www.kathyspassions.com/





No comments: