Saturday, December 11, 2010

Another CAS Card

This is a great little CAS (clean & simple) all-occasion card to have on hand... I scored the front of my brown card base using my MS (Martha Stewart) scoring board. I then opened my little container of pre-cut and embossed butterflies... and chose 5 that were all the same size, just different colors. They happen to have been cut from glittery cardstock. I love these little guys... with one small embosslit die from SU, you're able to cut and emboss five different sized butterflies with every pass through the Cuttlebug or Big Shot! So I just did a whole bunch of them one evening while watching TV and now I've got a little clear plastic container with oodles of butterflies to chose from when I need one.... or five!

The multi-colored grossgrain ribbon was from a roll I had on hand... and I placed a tiny shiny (flat) sparkle dot in the middle of each butterfly for just a hint of bling. I love these dots... they come in about 4 sizes on one sheet and you can find them in silver, gold, pink, and red (I got mine at Michael's). They're great for cards you plan to mail since they don't add the bulk of regular raised jewels.

The white piece of cs was matted with a black piece and then popped up on dimensional glue squares and attached to card front, overlapping the ribbon which I glued down flat on the card front. (I must give credit where it is due... I think... I believe this was a card we did at my SU Demo's house one evening (thank you Bilynda)... my twist was the scoring on the card front.)

Til next time... happy crafting!
Blessings,
~Kathy

No comments: