Friday, December 10, 2010

House Mouse with Pencil

I love this House Mouse image...he was first given to me by a good friend I met through a swap on SCS who had received one of my cards... we sent goodie packages back and forth and she included some stamped images of this little guy.... I had to get one for myself...

He's stamped on watercolor paper... He's really fun to color with watercolor pencils, then blend with a wet paintbrush or aqua pen... I used a silver gel pen to go over the metal parts of the pencil near the eraser ends. I used a tiny bit of Crystal Effects on his teeth...

The corners were shaped and embossed using one of Fiskars' corner embossing punches.

The card base is brown and a couple of small Cuttlebug embossing strips were used to do the button border along the top and the dotted border along the right side.

The brown and pink striped ribbon was glued down the left side and the image was popped up on dimensionals.

This is one of my very favorite cards (and images) that I have in my collection.

I saw on SCS where someone who had retired from teaching made a bunch of cards with this little guy to send to her fellow teachers when they returned at the beginning of the new school year... wishing them a great year and gloating about being retired... I thought that was a pretty cute way to use this image...

Have a great day... and happy crafting,
Blessings,
~Kathy

No comments: