Thursday, November 11, 2010

Another Tri-Shutter Card

Ya gotta love these designs... I think the best thing about them is that they stand up and others can enjoy seeing the recipient's card... I would love to display one of these on my desk/workspace (if I had a job)...

This is one I made for a very dear friend who recently retired after 20 years at Marshall University... the over-sized felt sunflower is something I found at my new Hobby Lobby when they first opened... there were several in a package and I wish I had bought all the store had! I've used them on several tri-shutters and think they just make the card so special... I attached them with a glue gun since they are a bit bulkier and heavier than the average embellishment...
The sentiment on the center panel reads "a balanced diet is chocolate in each hand"... don't you just love it... I was hoping it implied that I thought she was gonna retire to her sofa, watch tv, and eat bonbons... ; )

I'll share another tri-shutter with you tomorrow... hope you're having a great day!
Blessings and Happy Crafting!
~Kathy

No comments: