Friday, November 19, 2010

Tri-Shutter Anniversary Card

Good Morning Friends!
Wanted to share this card with you that I made yesterday for my cousin's 50th anniversary. she lives in Canada so I've got to get it in the mail today and took a couple of hurried pics to share with you...

I used a 12x12 sheet from the Mariposa stack of cardstock from DCWV... these are gorgeous designs... the one I chose has a black background with a lot of gold swirled on it and a couple of beautiful blue butterflies and a gold bird...

I just picked the 5.5" swath through the middle of the sheet that I wanted to use for the card base and used some of the leftover to line the envelope...

This photo shows the card, the lined envelope, and a sheet of the cardstock as it appears straight out of the stack... I do not scrapbook but occasionally find a 12x12 stack of paper or cardstock that I like even though many of the designs seem to large to be used for a card... here is a good example of using such a design for your card base... so don't dismiss those patterns too quickly thinking they'd be too big for a card!


Here's a view where you can see the verses a little bit better... I found them all on quotegarden.com and just copied/pasted them each into a Word file (I believe I found them on the wedding and anniversary sections of the site). I changed the font style and size and printed them off on my printer onto a sheet of pearlized blue cardstock that I cut down from 12x12 to 8.5x11.

I matted a few of them with a gold cardstock... some were trimmed using a pair of Fiskars decorative scissors... here's another view from the side so you can see the largest panel in the middle a bit better. Jazzed it up with a lot of bling... in small doses... tiny pearls and a few rhinestones... gotta have a little bling, right?!

My class at Hobby Lobby last night went very well... everyone made a tri-shutter using fall-ish solid color cardstock and a few coordinating prints. I hope to post pics of some of my students' cards for you to see as well.

Have a great day!
~Kathy

No comments: