Tuesday, November 30, 2010

French Foliage Fall Card

I could make fall cards all year long... love the colors and I love this new French Foliage stamp set from StampinUp... just can't find the time to do more with it... but I had picked up a couple sheets of this gorgeous dp by K&Company... kind of a swirly wine design... a sheet of it is laying flat in the picture... I used it on the inside of the card and the leaves were stamped with a nice Bordeaux pad and the Fall/Autumn embossing folder was used on the wine colored cardstock piece on the card front.

I stamped an extra leaf that I cut out and popped up and used a leaf border punch on the bottom of the card front. The stamped leaves on the orange cardstock are matted on a medium brown and the corners of both pieces were rounded. Note that I also rounded the top right corner of the card base. The three little jewels in the bottom right corner are an amber color. Here's a little closeup so you can see some of the detail a little bit better.
It's a little difficult to see the embossing in the pic but maybe you can make out the word "Autumn" just to the left of the jewels...
This card was for a recently retired, very good friend in Huntington WV... she'll like it...

Hope you like this one... watch for more ideas using the French Foliage stamp set...
Blessings and happy crafting!
~Kathy

No comments: