Monday, November 8, 2010

Folio Card with Two Pockets

I found this cute folio card in one of my cardmaking books... and thought I'd share it with y'all... I've written an instructional sheet with diagrams that you can download to try one yourself.

I created my first one from coordinating MS (Martha Stewart) cardstock I found at my local WalMart last year... This design uses one whole 12"x12" sheet (preferrably two-sided) and then a 3"x6" scrap of coordinating paper for the "spine" that holds the front and back together...

You could really get creative with the closure using buttons and thread, latches, etc. I just used some sheer white ribbon tied around mine. You can also attach the ribbon although I just tied mine around the card and it can be slipped off and then slipped back on without actually untying it.

I did put another piece of coordinating paper on the center inside panel... it is about 5-1/2" square. I used another sheet from the MS pad so that the colors coordinate but this is strictly up to you. I then added another piece of cardstock that I die cut (using French Scalloped Flair - ST010 from Cheery Lynn Designs/Dies Direct). It has a computer-generated Thanksgiving quote from Erma Bombeck printed on it (found here on QuoteGarden.com), so this card had absolutely no stamping on it at all...

The pocket design allows you to include goodies for the recipient... you'll see I've added a CD to the left pocket and a bookmark in the narrow pocket on the right. Hope you like it...

You can get the instructions by clicking here.

Hope you have a wonderful week!
Blessings,
~Kathy

No comments: