Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I recently participated in a swap over on the SCS (SplitCoastStampers) website where I had to make cards that were black and white and one other color of my choosing... of course, I chose red... I had just found this cute little stamp from Hobby Lobby and I got carried away one night stamping them and coloring them in... It says "Girls Just Want to Have Fun"... which reminds me, I saw a cute handmade sign in a shop in Cocoa Village a couple of months ago that read "Girls Just Want to Have Funds"... now that's a sentiment I agree with, don't you? 
The black and white paper came from a pad of dp (designer paper, don't remember who makes it), but what's nice is that the thin black lines of the design are actually embossed/raised.
I did put a piece of white cardstock on the inside to write a message on...
The black and white ribbon on the one to the left was very shiny and feels very smooth and silky... love it!
Here's what the inside looks like... I cut the inside piece out with my top note die from StampinUp!, then stamped Live, Laugh, Love, and embossed it in shiny black embossing powder, then added some faceted black jewels for dimension.

Here's one more using that same stamp but this time I used red and blue cardstock. I added some horizontal scored lines on the blue card base front and ran the top piece of red cardstock through my crimper at an angle. A few jewels in the lower right corner for a little bling.

That's it for today...
Blessings and Happy Crafting!
~Kathy



No comments: